Administration and Management Intern at NASWU
The National Association of Social Workers of Uganda (NASWU) is a professional body for Social Workers in Uganda. The Association aims at bringing together all Social Workers in Uganda to contribute to a better professional practice, favorable conditions of work for Social Workers and equitable national development and transformation. The overall aim of NASWU is to promote and facilitate Social Welfare and Social Development in Uganda
Under the Coordinating Comprehensive Care for Children (4Children) a five-year, USAID-funded project implemented by a consortium of organizations led by CRS. NASWU supports systems and structures at country and regional levels to implement evidence-based interventions that protect against risk, interrupt cycles of vulnerability and build pathways to resilience leading to an AIDS Free Generation.
Under this project, NASWU is strengthening its activities in 5 regions; West Nile, Northern, Western, Eastern, Southern and Central Uganda.
NASWU is advertising for graduate internship positions as below:
Administration and Management Intern: 1 position
Under the Supervision of the head of the Finance and Administration department, the graduate intern will support the department to meet the project requirements and compliance in regards to Finance, administration,logistics and procurement. This is Kampala based.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the financial management system of NASWU
- Support the finance team in preparation of financial reports.
- Support effective training programs on financial management for Secretariat
- Support in maintaining an effective internal control system.
- Monitor performance of financial management activities
- Ensure that funds for program implementation are released on time
- Ensure that all financial statements and reports are prepared and submitted to partners in a timely manner.
- Review and improve the accounting operations to meet new donors and institutional requirements.
- Support preparations of timely and reliable financial reports to the National Coordinator for approval
- Check and ensure that all procurement processes and expenditures are in accordance with NASWU policies.
- Check budgets to ensure that all transactions are booked to the correct budget lines
- Support external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors and bankers
- Responsible for any financial tasks related to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Ensure that NASWU Financial rules and guidelines are followed
- Support monitoring procurement process.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the National Coordinator
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 2 years relevant continuous work experience in finance
- Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and
budget variance analysis.
- Work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
- Practical computer skills and experience with accounting softwares
- High level of integrity, honesty and accountability
- High level of integrity, result oriented and drive for excellence and initiative.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Computer literate including the ability to operate spreadsheets
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Ability to prepare and disseminate financial information
- Strong computer skills especially using Microsoft Office software is required;
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
For the Administration and management intern, He/she must have a degree in accounting and meet the other above mentioned requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants with the required qualifications, knowledge, skills, attributes and abilities should send their applications and CV (Detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions in any) and 3 referees to:
National Association of Social Workers of Uganda
Through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate clearly on the application subject line the position applied for.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Details of the above vacancies can be found at NASWU website: www.naswu.net
Deadline for application: 20th April 2018