Capacity Building Officer
|Position||Capacity Building Officer||Grade|
|Reports to||National Coordinator|
|Job Summary||The main purpose of this position is to implement NASWU’s capacitybuilding strategy to reinforcesocial service provision in Uganda.|
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated capacity building plan in consultation with the Coordinator and NASWU Technical wing
- Contribute to the development of capacity building standards and best practice for NASWU programs and structures (Branch Executive Committees)
- Initiate, develop and coordinate capacity building projects
- Keep abreast of developments in capacity building practice and recommend enhancements to NASWU management
- Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with international and local institutions and trainers on issues related to strengthening the capacities of NASWU members
- Identify appropriate institutions, training programs, workshops, conferences, and possible sites for study tours, exchange program, on-the-job training, and mentoring program
- Set up and maintain a coordinated system to achieve the best use of capacity building resources within and outside NASWU
- Compile and update high-quality resources for capacity building
- Implement specified project activities in accordance with approved annual work
- Identify capacity building needs with beneficiaries, draft terms of reference and engage experts for project training workshops, meetings and study tours.
- Assist with operations and execution of the project’s capacity building component
- Identify, develop and promote tools and guidelines for capacity building which helps NASWUmobilizemembers to achieve the best social service sector
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- First Degree in Social Work and Social Administration
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive professional experience in a capacity building and training capacities.
- Knowledgeable in devising and administering capacity building programs for institutions.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Proven experience of capacity building, learning theory and organizational development workin multinational settings in several capacity building areas
- Ability to find and mobilize resources to support the capacity building work
- Abilityto develop suitable materials for capacity building
- Knowledge of best practices/approaches for capacity building and training
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including ability to prepare reports, make presentations in differentfora
- Able to conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options as well as making recommendations
- High level of integrity, honesty and accountability
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- High level of integrity, result oriented and drive for excellence andinitiative.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience working with member associations
- Strong computer skills especially using Microsoft Office software is required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above job requirements, send your application, detailed CV, copies of academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related referees to:
To: The National Coordinator
National Association of Social Workers of Uganda (NASWU)
P.O Box 35388, Kalungu Soya Road (Kampala)
All applications should be marked with subject: Capacity Building Officer
Closing date: 20th April 2018