Program Interns at NASWU
The National Association of Social Workers of Uganda (NASWU) is a professional body for Social Workers in Uganda. The Association aims at bringing together all Social Workers in Uganda to contribute to a better professional practice, favorable conditions of work for Social Workers and equitable national development and transformation. The overall aim of NASWU is to promote and facilitate Social Welfare and Social Development in Uganda
Under the Coordinating Comprehensive Care for Children (4Children) a five-year, USAID-funded project implemented by a consortium of organizations led by CRS. NASWU supports systems and structures at country and regional levels to implement evidence-based interventions that protect against risk, interrupt cycles of vulnerability and build pathways to resilience leading to an AIDS Free Generation.
Under this project, NASWU is strengthening its activities in 5 regions; West Nile, Northern, Western, Eastern, Southern and Central Uganda.
NASWU is advertising for graduate internship positions as below:
Program Interns:9 positions
Under the supervision of the program officers, the graduate interns will support the program staff in implementing planned activities as well as monitor results to ensure that project results are met. 5interns will be based in Central (Kampala)and 4 will be based in regions with NASWU partners. (West Nile, Northern, Eastern and Western)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of capacity building standards and best practice for NASWU programs and structures (Branch Executive Committees)
- Take the lead in strategy, planning and implementation of NASWU activities at region level
- Support Branch Executive Committee structures on a range of advocacy, capacity building and outreach issues
- Support member mobilization and retention at regional level
- Support to improve the image and visibility of NASWU at region and national level
- Keep abreast of developments in advocacy, capacity building practice and recommend enhancements to NASWU Branch Executive Committees and Program Officer
- Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with local institutions on issues related to strengthening the capacities of NASWU members
- Identify appropriate institutions, training programs, workshops, conferences, and possible sites for study tours, exchange program, on-the-job training, and mentoring program
- Compile and update high-quality resources for advocacy and capacity building
- Implement specified project activities in accordance with approved annual work
- Identify capacity building needs with beneficiaries and engage experts for project training workshops, meetings and study tours.
- Assist with operations and execution of the project’s advocacy and capacity building component
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in Social Work and Social Administration
- Member of NASWU
- Knowledgeable in devising and administering capacity building programs for institutions.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Ability to find and mobilize resources to support theprogram work
- Abilityto develop suitable materials for the project
- Knowledge of best practices/approaches for advocacy, capacity building and training
- High level of integrity, honesty and accountability
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- High level of integrity, result oriented and drive for excellence and initiative.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills especially using Microsoft Office software is required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Eligibility for Program Interns
- Graduates of Social Work and Social Administration from reputable universities
- Graduates who have completed and graduated within the last 24 months
- Graduates who are willing to commit the time in the program for 2 years
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, creative, honest, positive attitude and ability to learn
- For those interested in the region positions, one MUST be a resident of that region
- MUST be a NASWU registered member
For the Administration and management intern, He/she must have a degree in accounting and meet the other above mentioned requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants with the required qualifications, knowledge, skills, attributes and abilities should send their applications and CV (Detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions in any) and 3 referees to:
National Association of Social Workers of Uganda
Through the following email: email@example.com
Indicate clearly on the application subject line the position applied for.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Details of the above vacancies can be found at NASWU website: www.naswu.net
Deadline for application: 20th April 2018