Following an increase in the number of Universities in Uganda since 2001, there is tremendous increase in the number of Social Work graduates. This has greatly improved the interest of Social Workers in their professional Association. NASWU is currently progressing and is vigorously conducting a membership recruitment drive. NASWU membership has four categories
- Full membership – for those holding a degree or diploma in Social Work from any recognized institution
- Student membership – composed of students who are undergoing training in Social Work in recognized institutions of Social Work
- Associate membership – these are people who do not qualify for the above (i) and (ii) but are actively involved with and contribute to the Social Work profession and accept to promote the objectives of the Association
- Organization Membership – These are organizations whose purpose includes social and economic welfare of individuals, groups, communities and nations who subscribe to the objectives of NASWU
Membership legibility (Who qualifies for NASWU membership?)
- All trained and practicing social workers
- All institutions ( Universities and colleges teaching Social work )
- All students of social work
- All Agencies / organizations undertaking programmes that promote the welfare, protection ,empowerment leading to social development of individuals, families and communities
Good willed people/associate members with strong belief in social welfare and social development and adhere to the core values and principles of
Benefits to Members
- Certification from a professional body , a requirement for further engagements like further studies, employment with districts service commission and abroad.
- Enhanced Profile for organizations/ agencies that are seeking further partnerships with donors and technical institutions and government.
- Enhanced learning of new knowledge and skills on emerging issues and best practices through the NASWU’s capacity building program.
- Enhanced relationships, networks for greater carrier opportunities for example opportunity to meet mentors, student field work practice openings , volunteer work to give back , research or practical learning .
- Opportunity for international conferences for exposure and learning.
How to become a Member:
- Apply through an application form and submit to NASWU Secretariat,
- Pay subscription fees as below:
|Social workers practitioners||50, 000 p/a|
|Social Development agencies and training institution||300,000 p/a|
|Associate Members||Ugs 50,000 p/a|
Contact: C/O Youth Social Work Association P.O Box 28029, Ntinda Kisaasi Road, Kla
Uganda Tel. 0312517440 +256 772 844 248 +256779182649, 0757983742 e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org