Membership legibility (Who qualifies for NASWU membership?)
- All trained and practicing social workers
- All institutions ( Universities and colleges teaching Social work )
- All students of social work
- All Agencies / organizations undertaking programmes that promote the welfare, protection ,empowerment leading to social development of individuals, families and communities
- Good willed people/associate members with strong belief in social welfare and social development and adhere to the core values and principles of social work-
How to become a Member:
- Apply through an application form and submit to NASWU Secretariat,
- Pay subscription fees as below:
|Social workers practitioners||50, 000 p/a|
|Social Development agencies and training institution||300,000 p/a|
|Associate Members||Ugs 50,000 p/a|
Benefits to Members
- Certification from a professional body , a requirement for further engagements like further studies, employment with districts service commission and abroad.
- Enhanced Profile for organizations/ agencies that are seeking further partnerships with donors and technical institutions and government.
- Enhanced learning of new knowledge and skills on emerging issues and best practices through the NASWU’s capacity building program.
- Enhanced relationships, networks for greater carrier opportunities for example opportunity to meet mentors, student field work practice openings , volunteer work to give back , research or practical learning .
- Opportunity for international conferences for exposure and learning.