NASWU President Appointed on Global Social Service Workforce Alliance Steering Committee
The President National Association of Social Workers of Uganda (NASWU), Mr. Byamukama Michael Ntanda has been appointed on the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance (GSSWA) Steering Committee/Board effective May, 2019.
This is after a vigorous interview process.
The Steering Committee functions as the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance’s (the “Alliance”) quasi-executive body and is mandated to act on behalf of members. The purpose of the Steering Committee is to oversee and guide the direction and development of the Alliance.
Some of the key Functions of the Steering Committee include but are not limited to;
• To oversee and guide the direction and development of the Alliance
• To approve strategic direction, final annual work plans, budgets, expenditures, reports, strategies and policies
• To take on certain responsibilities such as advocacy, fundraising, leading or participating in interest groups, preparing or editing draft documents for discussion, chairing sessions at meetings, communicating with other Steering Committee members and staff, and offering thoughtful opinions on any of the Steering Committee topics or areas of work
• To mobilize resources and provide guidance and support on funding proposals prepared by the Secretariat
• To participate in Steering Committee meetings and contribute to Alliance initiatives.