Social Workers (6 Positions)
The National Association of Social Workers of Uganda (NASWU) is a professional body for Social Workers in Uganda. The Association aims at bringing together all Social Workers in Uganda to contribute to a better professional practice, favourable conditions of work for Social Workers and equitable national development and transformation.
The overall aim of NASWU is to promote and facilitate Social Welfare and Social Development in Uganda
World Education, Inc. /Bantwana Initiative (WEI/B) contracted the National Association of Social Workers in Uganda (NASWU) to support the project implementation of its community based case management model in six selected districts
Under this partnership, NASWU aims at helping LARA sub-grantees develop local networks and structures for reporting cases of violence against children in schools (VACiS) as well as refer cases to support services in the community. The project will run for 8 months
NASWU is advertising for 6 social work positions: one in each of these districts: Rubirizi, Isingiro, Buhweju, Kalangala, Sembabule and Lyantonde.
Under the supervision of NASWU and LARA sub grantees, the social workers will support to implement the planned activities as well as monitor results to ensure that project results are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
i) Support School Community Case Management cascade trainings by working with sub-grantees and Local Government officials
ii) Support case management and the initiation of referral web activities in the district
iii) Provide periodic on-site joint field support to selected school communities together with LARA sub-grantees and Local Government officials
iv) Lead the forming of village child case management committees (VCCMCs)
v) Documenting key lessons learned to influence VACiS case management
vi) Contribute to the broader discourse of prevention and response to violence against children in schools and communities in the district
vii) Support member mobilization and retention at district level
viii) Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with local institutions on issues related to NASWU members
ix) Perform other related duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Degree in Social Work and Social Administration
• Member of NASWU
• Knowledgeable in devising and administering child related projects
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
• High level of integrity, honesty and accountability
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• High level of integrity, result oriented and drive for excellence and initiative.
• Good communication and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills especially using Microsoft Office software is required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Eligibility for Program Interns
• Graduates of Social Work and Social Administration from reputable universities
• Graduates who have completed and graduated within the last 24 months
• Graduates who are willing to commit the time in the program
• Graduates with demonstrated good character, creative, honest, positive attitude and ability to learn
• MUST be a resident of the district
• MUST be a NASWU registered member
How to Apply:
Interested applicants with the required qualifications, knowledge, skills, attributes and abilities should send their applications and CV detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions and 3 referees to:
National Association of Social Workers of Uganda
Through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Indicate clearly on the application subject line the district applied for.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Details of the above vacancies can be found at NASWU website: www.naswu.net
Deadline for application: 15th November 2018